Title: Ghusl compulsory after nocturnal dream? Ejaculation breaks wudu?

Question

1. Recently i had a situation in which i did not know what to do I woke up in for the fajr prayer and noticed that i had nightfall and i was impure, i could have gone to the washroom and done ghusl but it was late and there was just enough time to pray 2 rakaats farz fajr so i didnt pray...also my mom was forcing me to pray fajr but i couldnt tell her that i was impure so if this kind of situation happens to me agai, what should i do?
2. Does ejaculation break wuzu?

Answer

As-salāmu `alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Nightfall (wetdreams) makes one completely  impure (najis).[1]

In order to purify oneself , ghusl is compulsory. (Bahishti Zewar, pg. 71 – Zam Zam Pub., Ed. 2005)

Complete ghusl entails  water touching the entire body. The mouth and nostrils should also be rinsed during ghusl.[2]

You should try and wake up early enough for Fajr Salah to allow for ghusl if nightfall is experienced.

And Allah knows best.

Mawlana Saeed Ahmed Golaub
Westmoreland, Jamaica, West Indies

Checked and Approved 

daruliftaa.net

[1] يفترض الغسل بواحد من سبعة أشياء خروج المني الى ظاهر الجسد إذا انفصل عن مقره بشهوة من غير جماع (مراقى الفلاح-   س-  59- دارقباء) 

2 وَالْمَعَانِي الْمُوجِبَةُ لِلْغُسْلِ إنْزَالُ الْمَنِيِّ عَلَى وَجْهِ الدَّفْقِ وَالشَّهْوَةِ(مختصر القدورى- 42- مؤسسة الريان)

[2] (قَوْلُهُ: مَنِيٍّ) أَيْ مَنِيِّ الْخَارِجِ مِنْهُ، الْخِلَافُ مَا لَوْ خَرَجَ مِنْ الْمَرْأَةِ مَنِيُّ الرَّجُلِ كَمَا يَأْتِي، وَشَمِلَ مَا يَكُونُ بِهِ بُلُوغُ الْمُرَاهِقِ عَلَى مَا سَيَذْكُرُهُ الْمُصَنِّفُ.

(قَوْلُهُ: مِنْ الْعُضْوِ) هُوَ ذَكَرُ الرَّجُلِ وَفَرْجُ الْمَرْأَةِ الدَّاخِلُ احْتِرَازًا عَنْ خُرُوجِهِ مِنْ مَقَرِّهِ وَلَمْ يَخْرُجْ مِنْ الْعُضْوِ بِأَنْ بَقِيَ فِي قَصَبَةِ الذَّكَرِ أَوْ الْفَرْجِ الدَّاخِلِ، أَمَّا لَوْ خَرَجَ مِنْ جُرْحٍ فِي الْخُصْيَةِ بَعْدَ انْفِصَالِهِ عَنْ مَقَرِّهِ بِشَهْوَةٍ فَالظَّاهِرُ افْتِرَاضُ الْغُسْلِ. وَلْيُرَاجَعْ.