Title: How did Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) pass away and did Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) have a foster sister?

Question

Assalamualaikum.I have two questions for which would request you reply with references.

1) I am involved in the noble work of Tabligh, Alhamdulillah. The other day I was listening to the speech of the great scholar and Da'ee Maulana Tariq Jameel from Pakistan and he was telling about the last days of Huzoor(saws) in this world and that when someone asked Huzoor(saws) as to who would lead his Salatul Janaza,he replied that first Allah would perform Janaza on me,then His angels and then you people should come and just pray for me(nobody to lead Salaah). Maybe I misunderstood Maulana's talk but please explain how the Janaza of Huzoor(saws) actually took place and what did he mean by Allah performing the Janaza on Huzoor(saws).

2) Did Huzoor(saws) have a dood-shareek behan (a sister from suckling to Haleema) and her name was Sheema? If so, what is her story of accepting Islam? Jazakallah.

Answer

As-salāmu `alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

We make Duaa that Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) accept your participation in the noble task of Tableegh. Aameen.

1. Hadhrat Moulana Tariq Jameel Saheb (Hafizahullah) is one of the seniors of the noble work of Tableegh. It is possible that you may have misunderstood the speech. We would advise you to obtain a taped copy of Hazrath’s speech and listen to the speech carefully to understand it again.

2. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) had two foster sisters:

1. Aasiya

2. Judaamah, also referred to as “Sheema”.

Both foster sisters were the daughters of Haleemah al- Sa’diyyah, the foster mother of Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

According to historical narrations, the cavalry of Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alahi Wa Sallam) had overpowered the Hawaazin tribe. Hadhrat Judaamah (Radhiyallahu Anha) was taken as a captive, where after, she said: “I am the sister of your leader”. When they came to Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). She said to him: “Oh Muhammed! I am your sister”, Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) welcomed her, spread out his shawl for her, made her sit beside him while his eyes flowed with tears. Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) then said “If you so wish, you may reside by me with honor and love. And if you wish to return to your people, I shall escort you back home”. She replied: “In fact, I shall return to my people” .Thereafter, she accepted Islam and Rasullullah (Sallahllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) gifted her with three male slaves, one female slave and some livestock.[1]

It is understood from the above narration that Hadhrat Judaamah (Radhiyallahu Anha) had accepted Islam upon the epic battle of Hunain in which the Hawaazin tribe were defeated by the Muslims.

And Allah knows best.
Mawlana Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa

Checked and Approved

daruliftaa.net

المواهب اللدنية بالمنح المحمدية مع الحوالة الي الاصابة لابن حجر.524/1.التوفيقية.[1]