Title: Somebody called me ‘Allah’, what do I do?

Question

2 days ago I was talking to one person and one of the non Muslims called me by the name of Allah because he did not know my name. I should not have given him any attention but accidently I attended to his call.  Later on I realised he had called me by the name of Allah.  What are the implications of this? What shall I do?

Answer

By somebody addressing you with the name of Allah has no impact or effect on your Imān or actions.  The non-muslim addressed you with the name of Allah as he did not know your name.  The only way he could get your attention was with the name of Allah as you reminded him of Allah. 

Hence do not worry at all about what happened.  Carry on with practicing on dīn and do not let shaytān bother you.  Shaytān just wants to distract you.  Everything is fine.  You have not done anything wrong.  Do not worry or be scared. 

Mawlana Faraz Ibn Adam,

UK