Ahsanul Qasas (beautiful incidents) from the lives of our pious predecessors no.8

Question

Malfooz: The spiritual benefits through enemies during the campaign of Khilafat

Answer

During the campaign of establishing the khilafat (in Pakistan), I faced a lot of animosity and enmity from people. People slandered me and said bad things about me but I let it go. I thought that there is no use in getting angry; after all, I am being rewarded. I had no animosity towards anyone. However I had some complaints about some friends. I had forgiven everyone from the depths of my heart for everything they may have done and for anything they may do or say in the future. This was because I felt that if I forgave these people, then Allah will forgive me. I also did not see the point in a fellow Muslim being punished because of me.

The situation had gone so bad that I was receiving death threats from a number of people. One person said that your silence will make the light of your life die unless you do something about it. I simply threw that letter away and thought of the statement of Hūd alaihis salaam:

فَكِيدُونِي جَمِيعًا ثُمَّ لَا تُنْظِرُونِ . إِنِّي تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللَّهِ رَبِّي وَرَبِّكُمْ

(11/55)

“All of you plot against as you wish because the time will come when you will not be granted any respite. Verily I have firm conviction in Allah; my Lord and your Lord.”

Alhamdulillah I derived many great benefits from these incidents.

1.      It created a natural detestation of the world in my heart

2.      It made me be totally independent of the makhlooq (creation)

It also made me realise that Allah has two kingdoms: this world and the hereafter. He decides how long a person will stay in each.