Asked Country: Canada

Title: I reenacted the cross movement in thought am I still Muslim?

Question

Hello I would like to ask a question please im really scared I was Looking at a person and they did the cross sign and from head to chest then shoulder to shoulder i was wondering which shoulder they did first and in my head i did the cross sign to know which shoulder they did first I didnt do the cross sign physically I had no intention in becoming a christian Im so scared thinking maybe Allah will be angry with me thinking im a non believer now. Please help me! Im a muslim and will die muslim inshallah. Thank you!

Answer

This thought that has put you in doubt is from shaitān. You should not give any significance to it. In the future if you are faced with a similar dilemma then immediately recite ta’awudh that is;

اعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم

May Allah Ta’ālā protect you from the whispers of shaitān.

Mawlana Ali bin Cassim

Los Angeles, CA (USA)