Title: I am going to travel to africa after ramdhan. One of the requirements is to have vaccination for Yellow Fever. Can you tell me that if I can take this Vaccination in My Fast?

Question

I want to ask that I am going to travel to africa after ramdhan, but need to get visa in ramdhan. The problem is it require a Vaccination named "Yellow Fever"? Can you tell me that if  I can take this Vaccination in My Fast, I m from Hanafi Maslak. and right now I m in Dubai from where I can get visa. In Dubai the timing of Hospital which give this vaccination is in between Fasting time. Sir What should I do?

Answer

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

It is permissible to take an injection whilst fasting. This will not invalidate the fast.

الكتاب - (154)

ومن احتقن أو استعط أ و قطر في أذنيه أو داوى جائفة أو آمة بدواء فوصل إلى جوفه أو دماغه أفطر

Mufti Ishaaq E. Moosa
Benoni.