Asked Country: Singapore

Answered Date: Jul 11,2011

Title: May I request you to recommend the best book regarding fiqh and method of performing Hajj & Umrah (for layman, in English or Urdu) as I hope to perform my first ever Hajj this year inshaAllah.

Question

May I request you to recommend the best book regarding fiqh and method of performing Hajj & Umrah (for layman, in English or Urdu) as I hope to perform my first ever Hajj this year inshaAllah.

Answer

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

We recommend you study Muallimul Hujjajof Mufti Saeed Ahmad Saheb rahmatullah alahy . It is a comprehensive Fiqh guide on Hajj.

We also recommend Fadhā’il-e-Hajj of Hadhrat Sheikh Zakariyya rahmatullah alahy as a spiritual guide for Hajj. Both books are in Urdu and English and easily available.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best,

Muftī Ebrahim Desai

Daruliftaa
35 Candella Rd, Durban, South Africa