Asked Country: China

Answered Date: Jun 21,2011

Title: Is it permissible to take a shower while standing or one should take shower in sitting posture?

Question

I want to ask about taking a shower in a standing position. Nowadays in bathrooms the shower is attached to the wall so normally the shower is taken by standing. I have heard that it causes illness, seizure of rizq if one takes shower in standing position. Please guide me to the Islamic rulings in the light of the sunnah in this matter. Whether it is permissible to take a shower while standing or one should take shower in sitting posture?

Answer

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

It is permissible to take a shower while standing. It is better to sit and take a shower.[1]

Mawlana Ali bin Cassim

Muftī Ebrahim Desai.

[1]فتاوى حقانية ج2 ص527

آب كى مساءل اور ان كا حل ج2 ص57