Answered Date: Jun 03,2011

Title: After Hajj several doubt comes regarding Tawaf ,sayi or other act. Is it waswasa ? how can I come out of it ?

Question

After Hajj several doubt comes regarding Tawaf ,sayi or other act. Hypothetical situation arise and my brain asks me whether I have done that properly or not. You can not prove these doubts right or wrong. For example you can prove that you are inside Arafat because you are within the marked boundary but you can not prove whether you have finished your tawaf exactly at right position or not. I think that what what would happen if I had missed a step and so and so. This creates huge depression . Is it waswasa ?  how can I come out of it ?

Answer

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

We are human beings and we have our shortcomings. Allah Ta’ala says:

خُلِقَ الْإِنْسَانُ ضَعِيفًا

And man has been created week.

(Quran 4:28)

Human being is created weak. The highest level of worship was conducted by Rasulullah salallahu ῾alayhi wasallam.In spite of such great level of worship by Rasulullah salallahu ῾alayhi wasallam; he should often make istighfar after salaah and in general. If you performed tawaaf and fulfilled the requisites for a valid tawaaf, you should regard your tawaaf as valid.

And Allah Ta'āla Knows Best,

Muftī Ebrahim Desai

Daruliftaa
35 Candella Rd, Durban, South Africa