Answered Date: May 06,2011

Title: The cases where tawaf after interruption is resumed from where left off, I want to be clarified about the resumption spot .

Question

The cases  where tawaf after interruption  is resumed from where left off, I want to be clarified about the resumption spot . If someone perform tawaf at the second floor, then  interruption occurs .Now tell me ,can’t he resume his tawaf on the mataf area near Holy kaba as close as possible and of course at the parallel equivalent spot aligned with the spot before interruption ?

Answer

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

If one resumes the tawaaf at the parallel spot on the bottom floor, that will be in order.

And Allah Ta'āla Knows Best,

Muftī Ebrahim Desai

Daruliftaa
35 Candella Rd, Durban, South Africa