IS it possible to perform other sunnat muakadah and prescribed nafl salah after congregation prayer between tawaf and its prayer? I completed 7 circuits of Tawaf then waited to pass makruh time...

Question

IS it possible to perform other sunnat muakadah and prescribed nafl salah after congregation prayer  between tawaf and its prayer?  I completed  7 circuits of Tawaf then waited to pass makruh time(after asr ) and after offering maghrib farz salah I offered sunnat Muakadah and 2 rak'at nafl of maghrib in Massa(safa marwa) corridor .Thereafter I went behind maqam e ibrahim and prayed salat al tawaf. Is it correct or makruh? As I delayed just a few  minutes to offer Sunnah/nafl of maghrib and to reach behind maqam e ibrahim.

Answer

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

It is sunnat to perform the wājib two rakāts after tawāf immediately after the tawāf. To delay the wājib rakāts salāh after tawāf is makrūh. (Mu`allimatul hujjaj, Pg 152, Idaratul Qur’aan)

However if it is the makrūh times of salah, for example sunrise, midday and sunset, then the two rakāts wājib salāh after tawāf should be delayed until after the makrūh times.(ibid.)

You were correct to delay the two rakāts wājib salāh until after the maghrib salāh.

It would be better for you to have performed the two rakāt wājib salāh after the maghrib salāh and before the sunnats of maghrib salāh.

To perform the wājib salah after tawāf by the maqām Ibrahīm is desirable. (ibid)

However, preference will be given to performing the wājib salāh immediately after the maghrib salāh as that is sunnah.

In principle, a sunnat will be preferred over a Mustahab act. (ibid)

And Allah Ta'āla Knows Best,

Muftī Ebrahim Desai

Daruliftaa
35 Candella Rd, Durban, South Africa