Is there a dua for safe delivery?

Question

As Salaam Alay Kum Mufti Sahab,

I have a question relating to my sister’s pregnancy. She is living with her husband and 2 year old daughter in a remote city of France. She is in her 8 month of pregnancy. My brother in-law told me on phone that, my sister went for scanning today and doctor said that, the child’s head should have turned downwards by this time, or else it will be difficult for the child to come out. They have to do the operation (Khuda-na-Khasta), for the child to come out, if the child’s head doesn’t turn downwards. We are very worried regarding this.

I have asked my brother in-law to do ablution and recite Surah- Fatiha 7 times and breath (dum) it in on Zum-Zum water and give it to my sister.  Could you please suggest us some dua/ surah which we can recite for the normal delivery of the child. This is a very crucial period for them, as they are alone there in a remote place, with no family or friends. We know that it is just a matter of less than a second or just a thought for ALLAH to do this. We are praying as well for this. Is there any dua / surah which our beloved Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has told us in this matter?

We would be very grateful to you for this and INSHALLAH you will get a reward for this in hereafter life. A quick reply will be very very beneficial to us Mufti sahab. Hope you can understand our situation.

As Salaam Alay Kum,

Mohammed.

Answer

In the Name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāh wa-barakātuh.

Recite يا بَدِيْعَ الْعَجائِبِ بِالْخَيْرِ يا بَدِيْعُ (yā Badī’ al-ajā’ib bi al-khayr, yā Badī’) 1200 times daily, in addition to making du’ā to Allah.  May Allah grant her a safe delivery of a healthy and pious child.  Āmīn.

And Allāh knows best.

Muftī Abrar Mirza
Chicago, IL (USA)

Under the Supervision of Muftī Ebrahim Desai (South Africa)

________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER – AskImam.org questions

AskImam.org answers issues pertaining to Sharī’ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes.  However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment.  Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.

·         The Shar’ī ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.

·         AskImam.org bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.

·         This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of AskImam.org.

·         Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited.  Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.