Date: 7th December 2010

I performed Tawaaf Wida and then left for Mina, and then returned to Makkah again. Did I have to do Tawaaf Wida again or would the previous one suffice?

Question

I live in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia (about 1100 Km from Makkah) and I performed Hajj Ifraad this year.

I performed Tawaf Wida on 11 Dhul Hijja and returned back to Mina. The next day on 12 Dhul Hijja I performed Rami jamarat. After this I again came to Makkah before Asr prayer to get a vehicle to Tabuk (my residence). Since it was too late to get a taxi, I prayed Asr and Maghrib in the Haram. After Maghrib I got a taxi and returned back to my place of residence.

Did I have to do Tawaf Wida again when I came to the  Haram again on 12th of Dhul Hijja or was the previous one sufficient?

Answer

In the Name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tawaaf Wida
may be performed anytime after the Tawaaf Ziyaarah. It is wajib for all types of Hajj.

Tawaaf Wida is not required for inhabitants of Haram and those residing within the boundaries of the Meeqaat.  Menustrating women are also exempt from having to perform the Tawaaf Wida.

As a resident of Tabuk, you live outside the boundary of the Meeqaat. Your were correct in performing Tawaf Wida because it was wajib on you.

Since you had already made Tawaaf Wida and then left Makkah, you would not have to do Tawaaf Wida again, even though you returned to Makkah again from Mina. Your previous Tawaaf Wida is sufficient.

Had you had performed the Tawaaf Wida again it would have been Mustahabb (desirable).1

And Allāh knows best.

Ml. Sohail Bengali
Chicago, IL (USA)

Concurred by:

Muftī Abrar Mirza
Chicago, IL (USA)

Under the Supervision of Muftī Ebrahim Desai (South Africa)

________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER – AskImam.org questions

AskImam.org answers issues pertaining to Sharī’ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes.  However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment.  Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.

·         The Shar’ī ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.

·         AskImam.org bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.

·         This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of AskImam.org.

·         Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited.  Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.

1        Muallim ul Hujjaj, pg. 191-192, Idarat-ul-Islamiyaat