Country: Sri Lanka
Date: 2nd September 2010

I have a very painful question that i have to ask you, while fasting this Ramazan I just could not control myself & got intimate with my wife. We did not have sexuall intercourse but while my wife was fondling me I ejaculated. What should i do now..i am very regretful now & do not no what i should do?? I also make sincere intention that i will never repeat this??

Question

Answer

In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

You will have to repeat this fast (make qadhā) and there is no kaffarah.1 May Allah Taāla grant you steadfastness on your tawbah. Remember, in future mere fondling with your wife while fasting will not render your fast to be makrūh (undesirable) as long as there is no fear of ejaculation or intercourse. Thus, if you fear any of the two it will be impermissible for you to fondle with your wife while fating.

Moreover, Mubāsharat-e-fāhisha (i.e. the privates part of the husband and wife comes into contact without any barrier) is makrūh any way, whether there is fear of ejaculation/intercourse or not.2

(Ahsanul Fatāwa, Vol.4, Pg.432, HM Saīd)1

(Bahisti Zewar, Pg.956, Makki Darul Kutub)2

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum

Ml. Abduz Zaman,
Student Dārul Iftā

Concured by: Ml. Abdur Rahman Shareef, Student Dārul Iftā

Under the guidance of:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb
Dārul Iftā