Country: Bangladesh
Date: 17th August 2010

I have a simple question which needs to be answered. This question regards the friday prayer. I currently reside in Bangladesh and I am in high school. My father is in NJ and my mother thinks that I shouldn't go to the mosque by myself because the people in Bangladesh are bad, I know that I am old enough but now what do I do?

Question

Answer

In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

Jummah salāh is Fardh-e-ayn (obligatory). It is one of the most salient features of Islām. A person who does not attend Jummah salāh without any valid excuse is a Fāssiq (sinner). Moreover, Regarding the virtue and importance of Jummah salāh Rasulullāh sallallāhu alayhe wasallam said: the person takes bath on Friday and walk early to the masjid, listens to the Khutbah attentively, does not engage in futile act while Khutbah is being delivered, will get the reward of one year ibadah, one year fasting and one year salāh, for every step that he takes. (Tirmizi Sharīf)

On the other hand sever warning have been mentioned regarding a person who misses Jumm῾ah salāh without any valid excuse.

Hadhrat Ibn ῾Umar and Abū Hurairah radiyallahu ῾anhuma narrate that they heard Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhe wasallam saying: people should abstain from leaving out Jumm῾ah salāh. If not, Allah Ta῾āla will put a seal over their hearts whereby they will fall into severe negligence. (Muslim Sharīf)

In another hadīth Rasulullāh sallallāhu ῾alayhe wasallam said, the person who misses out three jumu῾ahs without any valid reason, Allah Ta῾āla put a seal over his heart.(Tirmizi Sharīf)

(Bahisti Zewar, Pg.237, Zam Zam)

Therefore, although there is a lot of emphasis on obeying one’s parents, however, this only applies to the permissible acts. Thus, we have been commanded that there is no obedience to the creation in the disobedience of Allah Ta’ala[1]  . Thus, abstaining from bad companies and gatherings, perform your Jummah Salāh at the masjid.

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum

Ml. Abduz Zaman,
Student Dārul Iftā

Concured by:

Ml. Abdur Rahman Shareef,
Student Dārul Iftā

Dārul Iftā

1 عَنْ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ لَا طَاعَةَ لِمَخْلُوقٍ فِي مَعْصِيَةِ اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ. (مسند الإمام أحمد بن حنبل,ج2, ص 333, مؤسسة الرسالة)