Date: 18th July 2010

1)My mother passed away on the 4th of February 2009. Recently when I went to her qabr I noticed something strange. The sand near the head of the qabr has a fragrance like

Question

1)My mother passed away on the 4th of February 2009. Recently when I went to her qabr I noticed something strange. The sand near the head of the qabr has a fragrance like musk and its only by the head side. After 1 week or so I went again and the fragrance was still there only on the sand by the head side. Can MuftiSaab explain this.

2) My other concern is some of my brothers and sisters have dreamt of my Mother after she passed away, does dreaming of her have any significance, sometimes I feel that because I was a disobedient child thats why she never comes in my dream. I try and send Isaa e Sawaab for her every day.

3) Is there anything we can read so that we can get a sign from Allah that my mother is in peace?

Answer

In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

Sometimes, some good signs may appear from the graves of Saints which may reflect their lives which they spent in accordance to the will of Allah jalla jalāluhu. It is possible that your mother had some good qualities due to which you sensed that fragrance at her grave.

Having dreams about one’s mother does not necessarily reflect her love towards anyone. Rather, those children of hers whom cared for her and were obedient towards her  will surely be  rewarded and feel satisfaction in regards to fulfilling her rights. To continue to  benefit her more we advise that one keeps  making Īsāl-e-Sawāb for  her and perform good and righteous deeds in order to bring satisfaction to her soul. In this way, we hope that she will be at peace and tranquility, insha Allāh.  However, if you believe you were disobedient to her, then you must repent sincerely to Allah jalla jalāluhu and continue to  send  Īsāl-e-Sawāb for her as much as possible.

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum 

Ml. Abdur Rahman Shareef,
Student Dārul Iftā

Dārul Iftā