Date: 14th July 2010

I have been married 10 years and seperated for nearly five years I have not seen or spoken to my husband over this time how ever he has sent me papers for English divorce.Now my mum and dad want be to get back with him and his family I have told my parents many times I do not want to do this but my parents are now begging me which I

Question

I have been married 10 years and seperated for nearly five years I have not seen or spoken to my husband over this time how ever he has sent me papers for English divorce.Now my mum and dad want be to get back with him and his family I have told my parents many times I do not want to do this but my parents are now begging me which I know is making me a gunnhagar I do not know what to do so I said yes but truthfully speaking I am not ready or willing to accept him what should I do I have had istikharah done and the results were not good both time but my parents are not willing to accept the isthikharah please could some one help me out I am very confused. the results of the istikhara were that it is better to end the marriage. please could you let me know. Jazzakallah

Answer

In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

We are extremely saddened by the circumstances that you are faced with. We pray to Allāh Tā`la to remove the distress and problem you are currently experiencing. Aamīn.

It is unclear from your statement “however he has sent me papers for English divorce” as to what you mean. It would be highly appreciated if you would forward us further details on this matter.

You have mentioned in your query that you had Istikhāra done. We understand from this that you have not done the Istikhāra yourself but, rather you have requested someone else to do it for you. It is always best to do Istikhāra yourself, as you are asking Allāh Tā`la for good in the matter which you are making Istikhāra for. 

Inshāllah, once you have forwarded us further details, we will Inshāllah be able render further advice on the matter.

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum

Ml. Muhammed Sindhi,
Student Dārul Iftā

Dārul Iftā