Answered Date: Jul 13,2010

Title: I would like to confirm if the statement is true about Kelloggs products that are haraam to eat because it contains Pork Gelatine in it & this was announced by the FIJI Muslim League. Is this FIJI Muslim League a trustworthy organization.

Question

Asalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu

In the name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

I would like to confirm if the statement is true about Kelloggs products that are haraam to eat because it contains  Pork Gelatine in it & this was announced by the  FIJI  Muslim League. Is this FIJI Muslim League a trustworthy organization.

I really appreciate the time & effort you take to answer these questions.

May Almighty Allah reward you in abundance inshaa Allah ameen.

Jazaakamullah.

Answer

In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

Fiji Muslim League is a reliable organization. However we don’t know the basis of the announcement, we suggest that you contact one of the Halāl bodies of South Africa.

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum

Ml. Abduz Zaman,
Student Dārul Iftā

Dārul Iftā