Date: 27th June 2010

Assalam Wa Alaikum I got married in 2007. But after that married life was not sound. My wife is not much matured & understanding.Even though i tried to explain her helped

Question

Dear Brother,

Assalam Wa Alaikum I got married in 2007. But after that married life was not sound. My wife is not much matured & understanding.Even though i tried to explain her helped her to know things better. Tried to be as gentle i i could. I am the only son for my parents who are old. My father has polio and has been operatd for his good leg also. He cannot go out of the house. My moher is also being ill regularly. I expected that my wife will uderstand this and will be part of my family. But unfortunately she was rude & arrogant with all of us. She was with her parents for almost 9-10 months due to issues in the family during her pregnancy. Alhamdollilah I got a baby girl which is 8 months old now. We bought my wife back in January 2010 after discussing the issues in Masjid with her senior relatives. After two months she again started the same issues and last 15 days ago she once again left the home. I explained her parents to make her understand and bring her back discussing the same with my parents. Unfornately 4 days ago during night her brother brought her forcefully to us and used many words for my family . Her brother abused me too and warned he will be doing anything to me and my family. He was shouting so much that all the neighbours gathered. I explained him to go back and talk on this later but he kept on abusing me & my parents & sister and used many unfortunate words due to which I also came into furious anger and said to him (my wife’s brother ) that I had left your sister & do want you want to do. I have even used the word "Talakh" few times ( may be 5-6 times) but this was in quarel with him (wife's brother) and not with my wife and my wife had not heard this as she was not in that room. This was purely in quarell & anger going on with my wife’s brother.After this I am in real delima and stress that whether I have divorced my wife. I really do not want to leave her neither do she. In a circumstance of quarrel with my wife’s brother I have conveyed this to my brother in law.Having fear of Allah I do not want to do any wrong but at the same time I do not want any wrong to be happened to my wife & child. I request you to suggest me – 1. Whether my married relation is valid or not (in current scenario)? 2. What is the way out which will help me to save my relations without putting my wife & child in problerm? I desperately await your reply & feedback as my total life & relations are under test. Allah knows the best!!

Allah Hafiz, Muhammad Kazim Khan 91 9422277048
----------------------------

Answer

In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

The aspect of talāq is a very delicate one therefore; we need to know the exact words of talāq mentioned to determine a ruling.

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum 

Ml. Ebrahim Desai,
Student Dārul Iftā

Dārul Iftā, Madrasah In῾āmiyyah

________________________________________________________________________
Visit us at:
http://www.al-inaam.com  [ Madrasah In῾āmiyyah ]  | http://www.askimam.org  [ Dārul Iftā - Madrasah In῾āmiyyah ] |http://groups.google.com/group/shariahcompliant  [Shari῾ah Compliant Business Campaign] |http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shifaa [As-Shifā` Islamic Forum] | http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ulama_sa [Ulamā-SA Islamic Forum]

DISCLAIMER - Dārul Iftā questions

The Dārul Iftā answers issues pertaining to Shariah. Thereafter these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and can not be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. To ensure this Askimam.org will start to flag such questions. Previous questions on Askimam.org do not carry such cautionary message.  Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.

·          The Shar῾ī ruling herein given is specifically based on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.

·          The Dārul Ifta bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer. The Dārul Iftā being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.

·          This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of the Dārul Iftā.

·          Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited.Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.