Country: Ireland
Date: 20th June 2010

I just want to know that i had anal sex with my wife but she is a non Muslim and i am Muslim boy ... tell me what should i do now because i am really worried about that ... and i

Question

I just want to know that i had anal sex with my wife but she is a non Muslim and i am Muslim boy ... tell me what should i do now because i am really worried about that ... and i did nikha with her and after that i heard that the same imam says that you cannot do nikkha with non muslim ... and my wife religion is catholic .. (Christian) please give me the information i really appreciate that Regards

Answer

In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

To have sexual intercourse in the back passage of a woman is a major sin.

Rasulullāh Salallāhu ̒alaihi wa Sallam said:

"Cursed is the one who has intercourse with his wife in her back passage."[1]

Therefore, it is important to make sincere Taubah (repentance) and Istigfār (seeking forgiveness) for committing such an evil act and also to make a firm intention never to return to it.

To marry the Ahle kitāb (people of the book, i.e. Christians and Jews) is permissible[2]. However, one should think of the huge implications of such a marriage.

For example, If the husband is a Muslim, he would have to follow the commands of Almighty Allah by performing Salāh, reading Qurān and abstaining from sin; if he has a wife who is a non Muslim who is used to living a free life of mixing with Ghair mahram men, drinking, eating pork, listening to music and dancing, how then will he be able to fulfil his duties as a Muslims?

More seriously, what would happen when a child is born?

Children by nature follow the ways of their parents; As a Muslim, the father should ensure that his child follows the Deen of Islam, but how would he achieve this when the child is encouraged by its mother to attend church, dress un-Islamic, listen to music and eat pork?

How difficult would it then be for him to steer his children in the right direction?

These are issues that should be carefully thought of before getting married. However, since you have already made nikāh to this lady, it is your duty to present Islam to her and to the best of your ability, encourage her to embrace Islam. May Almighty Allah make this easy for you and guide her to the truth. Ameen.

And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Wassalāmu ῾alaykum 

Ml. Zakariyya bin Ahmed,
Student Dārul Iftā

Dārul Iftā

[1] قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ملعون من أتى امرأته فى دبرها  سنن أبى داود

[2] قوله ولو مخالفين لدينها ) كما لو كانا نصرانيين وهي يهودية