Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: Is a Person Lliable to do Hajj if he has Debts?

Question

Maulana sahab, Is a person liable to do hajj if he has alot of debts and his elder brother's family is under his responsibility?

I am an immigrant in calgary and being new here i want to get attatched to ulamas here, can you please give me their phone numbers and address?

Answer

Hajj is not compulsory on such a person.

We know Maulāna Ilyas Sidyot of Saskatoon, SK. He is a prominent Ālim serving the Muslim Community with devotion and dedication. He will know the Ulāma of Calgary. You may contact him on imamsask@yahoo.ca . You may also benefit from him directly.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

_