Country: Canada
Date: 4th September 2009

I have a heat rash on my anus but the only way to calm it down is to use medication cream, and this cream contains a substance called steroid. if I use the cream during fasting will it break my fast?

Question

I have a heat rash on my anus but the only way to calm it down is to use medication cream, and this cream contains a substance called steroid. if I use the cream during fasting will it break my fast? please help me. because you have to use it or I feel intolerable pain. it really hurts. because I scratch hard because my body is not used to the hot humidity

Answer

It is permissible for you to put medication cream on your anus while fasting.  It will not break your fast. 

(أحسن الفتاوى، كتاب الصوم: 4/440؛ سعيد)

(فتاوى محمودية، كتاب الصوم، باب ما يفسد الصوم وما لا يفسد: 10/142؛ فاروقية)

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Ml. Abrar Mirza,