Is there truth in the statement that Imaam Muhammad (RH) is alleged to have said "If my companion (Imaam Abu Hanifah [RH]) knew what I know now, he would have changed two thirds of his Madh-hab"
1) Is this statement authentic? Could you please give reference.
2) Is there any truth in this statement of Imaam Muhammad (RH)?
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
We are not aware of any such statement. Whoever has ascribed this statement to Imām Muhammad rehamatullah alayh should provide a reference for it. Thereafter, we will analyze the authenticity of it. But, until they provide a reference and we, subsequently, analyze and confirm its authenticity, this statement cannot be accepted as an authentic statement of Imām Muhammad rehamatullah alayh.
And Allah knows best
Ml. Abrar Mirza,
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah
Visit us at:
http://www.al-inaam.com [ Madrassah In’aamiyyah ]
http://www.askimam.org [ Darul Ifta - Madrassah In`aamiyyah ]
http://groups.google.com/group/shariahcompliant [Shariah Compliant Business Campaign]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shifaa [As-Shifaa Islamic Forum]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ulama_sa [Ulama-SA Islamic Forum]
DISCLAIMER - Askimam.org questions
The Askimam.org Site answers issues pertaining to Shariah. Thereafter these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and can not be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. To ensure this Askimam.org will start to flag such questions. Previous questions on Askimam.org do not carry such cautionary message. Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
· The Sharée ruling herein given is specifically based on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
· The Darul Ifta bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer. The Darul Ifta being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
· This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of the Darul Ifta.