1) Is it Fard to offer Qasar Salah. If I am in all comfort even in travel ... 2) I read your Fatwa on Alcohol which is Haram because of the quality and property

Question

Asalamualikum,

1) Is it Fard to offer Qasar Salah. If  I am in all comfort even in travel ( Like staying at my relatives with best of the facility) is it still obligatory to offer only Qasar salah. If i want to offer thye netire salah and not Qasar is it Sin. A friend of mine told me that just like 5 times Salah is Fard so is Qasar if you are travelling.

2) I read your Fatwa on Alcohol which is Haram because of the quality and property , does wearing Purfume which has alcohol is also Haram. If yes why so.

Answer

1)      Whether one is in comfort on a journey or not, it is Waajib to perform Qasr Salah. Performing four rakaats instead of Qasr Salaah as a Musafir is a sin and contrary to the Sunnah.

عن ابي حنيفة انه قال: من اتم الصلاة في السفر فقد اساء و خالف السنة

(Bada’I us Sana’I. vol.1 p257 Darul Kitab Deoband)

2)      Applying perfume containing Alcohol is permissible as long as the alcohol is synthetic and not made from dates or grapes. If the alcohol is made from dates or grapes it will be Najis (impure), and will be impermissible.

(Ahsanul Fatwa. Vol.2 p95 H.M Saeed)

Wassalam u Alaikum

Ml. Zakariyya bin Ahmed,