Country: United Arab Emirates

He wants to stop his relationship with the Hindu girl

Question

i am a muslim girl . i have a cousin brother who is in love with an hindu girl. now he wants to get away from her and repent himself to ALLAH but he tell that he is afraid whether the girl will commit suicide pls tell me a dua so that i can tell him to help him to get into the right path also i want to ask whether marrying my mother's brother's son is haram or not.

Answer

Jazakillah for writing to us.

Firstly, it is allowed to marry a cousin as he is not mahram to his female cousin.

Secondly, it is unfortunate that your cousin got himself  'involved' with a woman. Islam is very clear that relationships outside of marriage are haraam.

Tell him to break off all contact with her and to end the relationship immediately. I mean that he should break all contact, whether it is by email, phone calls, speaking to her personally or through letters. If she makes threats to kill herself, he should ignore this.  He should also make sincere tawbah and repent to Allah Ta'ala for his folly.

Wassalam u Alaikum

Social Dept.