My father died and has given in writing all his property and cash (which he acquired at the time of death) equally to my 4 sisters.

Question

My father died and has given in writing all his property and cash (which he acquired at the time of death) equally to my 4 sisters.

My 4 sisters, did not claim anything as per his will , rather they verbally told me that whatever is left by my father is for me.

Do still i have to give share to my sisters from father's property ?  If yes, what will be their shares ? The successor of my father are one son (myself) and 4 sisters.

Answer

If your father was survived by four daughters and one son then your father’s estate will be divided into six equal shares then the son will receive two shares and each sister will receive one share. If all your sisters willingly forfeit their share of the estate in your favour, then you will own the entire estate. You do not have to give your sister anything from the estate. If your mother was also survived by your father, she will inherit 1/8 as a wife. Accordingly, the share of the estate will be different.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Wassalamu Alaykum