"If you so tired of me let me know and i will free you with three words" Does that break my Nikah?

Question

Justa quick question, i had a verbal quarrel with my wife and i asked her in urdu "If you so tired of me let me know and i will free you with three words" Does that break my nikkah

Answer

Nikah is a sacred institution in Islam. It should be respected by both spouses by fulfilling each other’s rights. No spouse should utter a statement that leads to negative sentiments in the marriage. One of the verses recited during the Khutba (sermon) of Nikah is, “Oh you who believe! Fear Allah and say what is straight”. This verse is a clear guidance on maintaining harmony in a marriage. Every statement should be measured and carefully pronounced. This is more important in a sensitive relationship as that of husband and wife. The statement you made was highly irresponsible. It is against the respect and sanctity of marriage. You should make tawba and istighfar for that and undergo a training course by a spiritual guide to control your tongue.

The statement in reference does not constitute a talaq as it was stated in the future tense ie ‘I will’.  Consider the negative consequences if you said ‘I have’ instead of ‘I will’. The three talaqs would be effective and your world would be turned upside-down. Thank Allah for that and exercise caution in future.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Wassalamu Alaykum