Country: Canada

My wife was performing qada fast for her missed ramadan fasts. I was not aware of that. One day, I did not go to work by chance and called my wife...

Question

My wife was performing qada fast for her missed ramadan fasts. I was not aware of that. One day, I did not go to work by chance and called my wife to have intercourse in the morning. She told me that she was fasting. I thought she was only performing nafal fasting on that day. So I had intercourse with her although she was stopping me. Could you please tell me what we need to do to rectify this thing? Is she only required to perform one fast in lieu or some kaffara is to be paid as well?

Answer

Your wife will have to make Qada for the fast.There is no Kaffarah on her.

(Bahisti Zewar, Vol 1, Pg 238, Zam zam publishers)

وليس في إفساد صوم غير رمضان كفارة لأن الإفطار في رمضان أبلغ في الجناية فلا يحلق به غيره.
(الهداية ، ص220،ج1)

(فتح القدير، ص265،ج2)

Wassalam u Alaikum

Ml. Luqman Hansrot,