Title: Inshallah I will be going for umra in two months time. Can you please advise me on what ibadat i should try and engage in while in madina and makka. Also can you refer me to some books that will be of use. Jazakallah

Question

Inshallah I will be going for umra in two months time. Can you please advise me on what ibadat i should try and engage in while in madina and makka. Also can you refer me to some books that will be of use. Jazakallah

Answer

In Madina Munawwara, you should visit the Rowdha Mubarah as much as possible to convey Salam to Rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wasallam), Hadrath Abu Bakr Siddique (radiAllahu Anhu), and Umar Farooq (radiAllahu Anhu). Thereafter the greatest act is to recite abundant salat and salam (Durood) upon Rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wasallam). Try to make at least one khatam of the Quran in Madina Munawwara. Make a firm intention to follow the Sunnah of Rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wasallam) for the rest of your life.

In Makka Mukarramah, make as many tawafs as possible and also make one khatam of the Quran there. While going around the Ka’aba Sharif, make a firm intention to surrender your life in the obedience of Allah Taala.

We advise you read the book Fazail-e-Haj by Hazrath Sheikh Zakariyya (rehmatullah Alayh), the chapter on the virtues of Makka Mukarramah and Madina Munawwara.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Wassalamu Alaykum

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah
________________________________________________________________________
Visit us at:
http://www.al-inaam.com                                                  [ Madrassah In’aamiyyah ]
http://www.askimam.org                                   
                [ Darul Ifta - Madrassah In`aamiyyah ]
http://groups.google.com/group/shariahcompliant     [Shariah Compliant Business Campaign]

Important Posts and Links

Shar'ii stance on Shares and Stocks|Have you prepared your WILL??|Moonsighting - Its that time to sight the moon