Title: I had a baby on the 19th of September. I was bleeding for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, the bleeding stopped. I had a ghusal bath and started performing Salaah. After 3 days, I bled again.

Question

I had a baby on the 19th of September. I was bleeding for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, the bleeding stopped. I had a ghusal bath and started performing Salaah. After 3 days, I bled again. This has been going on for  the past 2 weeks, I am bleeding slightly every alternate day. Should I continue to take a ghusal bath after every few days or am I still in Nifaas. Your response will be appreciated

Answer

The maximum period for Nifaas is 40 days.

If you experience bleeding on alternate days till the fortieth day from the time of giving birth, you should regard the full forty days as Nifaas.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah