Asked Country: United Arab Emirates

Answered Date: May 12,2008

Title: I am still bleeding after my Nifaas. Should i start praying?

Question

I am in urgent need of knowing a mas'ala..i havnt yet got over my bleeding..i gave birth to a baby boy alhamdulilla on february21st via cesarean section...it wasnt pre-planned so i had to undergo a 3/4 of normal one...my problem is i havent stopped bleeding yet...my nifaas period was over by march30th..and coz i dint know i had to start prying i started praying on 6th of april but wen i asked an aalimah she said i ended ma nifaas already n i have to make-up the prayers of last 5days(april1- 5th)..so i took tht into calculation and as bleeding was still thr i took the 16thapril as the starting of ma HAIZcycle n then after 10days i bcame PAAK n started praying..its ma 71st day n still i am bleeding n its really confusing whether, 1.i can hav intercourse, whther is it hygenic or unhygenic to hav it during istehaaza), 2.i shd consider my HAIZcycle again after 15days(if the bleeding continues)..

Answer

The advice by the Aalima was correct. You should continue the 15-10 day cycle until your situation normalizes. Fifteen days will be Istihaaza and the next ten days will be haiz.

During Istihaza, make wuzu for each salah. Intercourse during istihaza is permissible.