Country: Pakistan
Date: 1st May 2008

Is it permissible for a sunni man to marry a ahmadi woman still if she is unwilling to be a Sunni?

Question

1. Is it permissible for a sunni man to marry a ahmadi woman still if she is unwilling to be a sunni.

2. Can  i do Istikhara for my exam. If yes then how? For example if I do istikhra for my physics paper then what could i find about my paper.

Answer

1) Ahmadi’s (commonly known as Qadiyani’s) follow Ahmed Qadiyani who had strange believes which render him as out of the fold of Islam. Some of his believes are:

1)      He claimed prophet hood.

2)      He claimed to receive wahy.

3)      He claimed that the previous divine scriptures predicted of his prophet hood.

4)      He claimed having a miracle greater then that of Nabi Nooh (alayhi salam).

5)      He use be mock and belittle previous Anbiya(alayhimus salam).

6)      He use to swear at Nabi Isa م(alayhi salam).

7)      He claimed Sayyidatuna Aisha رضى الله عنها committed adultery.

These are just some of their believes which render him and his follows out of the fold of Islam. Therefore, it is not permissible to marry an Ahmedi.

2) Study hard for your exams and Insha –Allah you will know be successful. Istikhara is not performed to find out the questions in the exam paper. You are so concerned about your physics paper, may Allah Ta’ala grant us at least similar worry and Tawfeeq about our exams in the Aakhira. Aameen

Ml. Ishaq E. Moosa,