Country: Canada

What is the role of men in this new Society?

Question

Since we live in society now run by single mothers and father's role is insignificant and that society are doing well where women are doing well in both roles of fathers and mothers at the same time and it is ok for women to hate men and even murder her children with no law against her, what is the role of men in this new society?

Answer

Jazakallah for writing to the institute.  However, I am baffled by your mail.

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but it sounds pretty nihilistic the way you put it. Are you talking about what is happening in the west and the laws which are being enacted in many countries? Are you talking about what may be happening in Muslim families in your part of the world?

Personally I do not think women could be doing very well both as mother and father. This is not the order of things according to Allah Ta'ala's plans. A widow or divorcee may make ends meet whilst bringing up her children on her own. A working mother may manage to do her best if she does not have a husband alongside her to help bring up the children. It is no doubt a difficult feat and many women do well against all odds. It also takes its toll on them as it is not at all easy, especially in these times.

I also dont understand what you mean by saying that "women to hate men and murder her children with no law against her."

Allah Ta'ala's laws are clear regarding marriage, responsibilities of parents, a husband's duties towards his wife and a wife's duties towards her husband. The moral, social, legal and ethical laws in Islam are sacrosanct and no matter how the west tries its utmost to portray Islam as a backward, immoral and savage religion, it is the only true religion which upholds the sanctity of family and family values till eternity.

Please write again and elaborate further.

Social Dept.