Country: United Arab Emirates

He gifted me a Bible, what should i do with it?

Question

A colleague of mine in office has returned from vacation and has gifted me a small bible. At that instance I could not refuse to take it in office. My question is what should I do with it now? And in future what should be done under such circumstances?

Answer

We suggest you give the Bible to an 'Alim or any other Muslim scholar involved in the field of comparative religion. This will benefit both parties. The scholar can use the Bible as a reference to modern-day Christian beliefs while you may gain reward InshaAllah for gifting the Bible to an 'Alim for the sake of countering the beliefs of modern-day Christianity for the purpose of giving Da'wah to Islam.

Ml. Asif Umar,