Country: Germany
Date: 3rd March 2008

I have a Christian girlfriend. We both have committed Zina. Now with each other and before with others. She had boyfriends and I had girlfriends and I lived a single life in which I committed Zina as well. I pray and make dua...

Question

I have a Christian girlfriend. We both have committed Zina.  Now with each other and before with others. She had boyfriends and I had girlfriends and I lived a single life in which I committed Zina as well. I pray and make dua for being forgiven for these sins.

I plan to marry her before Allah. With two witnesses and an Iman. She has already explained to me that she understands the cause of this and she wants to support me. She is supporting me in my practice of Islam anyway. She is not eating pork, not drinking alcohol. She has been very supportive to me in the past. I can not only say that I more than like her but I can also say that she is more virtuos than many of my muslim sisters. She has stood by my side when I lost a very important family member and has never ever let me down. In my eyes she deserves all mercy from our Lord.

Is it possible for me to marry her regarding the fact we both have committed zina (with each other and before with others?). Insallah you can answer my question. Thank you very much and be Allah's mercy on you.

Answer

It is permissible for you to marry the Christian girl. You should make sincere tawba to Allah for committing zina. However, that is not an obstacle for you to marry her.

You should invite her to Islam and encourage her to embrace Islam. Her virtues will become more apparent after the embrased Islam and understands Islam.