What exactly is Walima?

Question

I want to  ask a question, I live in uk and  engagement was done 3 month back , my nikah will be after 3 month but and then after 5 month i will do Ruksakthi but  my father in law told me that we do ruksakthi and valima together , please let me know what are the concept of Valima

I hear that valima is only when husband  spend some time with your wife. 

Answer

Walima is the sunnah of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم). It should be carried out the sunnah way to gain maximum reward and barakah. The walimas of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) were after he had spent time with his wife.