Date: 11th December 2007

I am 4 and a half months pregnant. Sometimes when I stand up or move I feel as if a few drops of urine is leaking out. Does this require me to make ghusl or is whudu sufficient?

Question

I am 4 and a half months pregnant. Sometimes when I stand up or move I feel as if a few drops of urine is leaking out. Does this require me to make ghusl or is whudu sufficient? Do my clothes also become impure ot just my under wear? Can I use a sanitary pad which I discard before making whudu for namaaz?

Answer

The wudu will break if urine drops come out.  One will only have to perform wudu again and will not have to perform ghusl.  Those areas of the body which the urine has touched will be impure and will have to be washed.  The area of the clothes which has come in contact with urine will also have to be washed.  If the urine penetrated through the underwear, then area of the other clothes which has become impure will also have to be washed.  If it has not penetrated, the other clothes will be pure.

If you are using sanitary pads, the underwear will not be impure since the urine will not touch the underwear.  However, the wudu will still break upon urine coming out.

Ml. Ehzaz Ajmeri,

Concurred by:

Ml. Abu Yahya