Country: Pakistan
Date: 4th December 2007

The virtue of a widow’s sacrifice for her children

Question

I would like to know that what will a widow get in life after death if she takes care her children and husband's parents and keeps her away from all the enjoyments of life, always prays for her husband.  Because if a mother or father lose her/his son a wife also lose her beloved one, and if she does not want to marry again because she loved her hasband very much, what Allah and prophet PBUH says in this matter.

Answer

Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “If a widow does not marry in order to take care of her children, she and I will be together I Jannah”.

The above hadith is more than enough to understand the virtue of a widow’s sacrifice for her children. That coupled with her sacrifices for her husband’s parents enhances her virtue, all of which she is engaged in ibadah all the time. She will se the effect of her sacrifices after death. She should make intention of Isale-Sawab (passing the reward) of her sacrifices for her husband. Both will get the reward. As Muslims, our belief is we will meet our beloves in the hereafter if we live and die with Ieman.