Title: Marriage - What are mine and his right according to hadiths and the quran?

Question

I have been nearly married for about 4 years, my husband still does not want a child, I have tried talking to him, but we always argue, and he just does not understand!

He says he is not ready and does not want a child yet...I'am nearly 30, I dont know what else to do, I'am fed up and I don't know what else to do, I just feel like walking away sometimes, it hurts so much and it upsets me a lot, but he just wont listen!

What are mine and his right according to hadiths and the quran?

Is there any dua or something I can do to?

We also havent been getting on, he has been very horrible to me, eg calls me names etc, is there any dua for this sort of treatment?

Answer

-         “Not being ready” for a child is a lame excuse to practice birth control.

-         It is your right that he ejaculates within you.

-         It is only natural that you would get upset when your biological clock is ticking away without children. Exercise patience and tackle him when he is in a good mood. Explain to him the virtues of having children

-         Perform Two rakaats of Salaatul-Hajaat and make duaa before Allah.