Date: 29th November 2007

Please visit the website kmanoj.cash2all.com and tell me whether it is halal for us or not?

Question

Answer

According to the sharia, every transaction that is based on one party's gain and another's loss, or if the transaction is obscure, is gambling (qimar).  Take the case of two persons competing in a race on condition that the loser pays the winner, or that a person says: If it rains today I will give you money, and if it does not rain, you will have to give me money.  Since one party gains and the other incurs a loss, it falls under gambling.  Another example is that of sealed boxes that are sold for a specific price while the contents are unknown i.e. the contents of each box may vary.  As a result, the purchase of these boxes which revolves around one's gain or loss being hidden is also considered as gambling.

Based on this definition, the investment scheme mentioned on www.kmanoj.cash2all.com is halal and permissible. 

(Ma'arif Al-Quran 533/1 Dar Al-Kitab)

(Adalati Faisle 243/2 Idara Islamiyat)

Ml. Ahmed Mohomed Pandor,