Title: In south africa we have so many different Halaal bodies.One body certifies a product Halaal and the other body says they do not approve. My question to you is what do we as the general muslim public do?

Question

In south africa we have so many different Halaal bodies.One body certifies a product Halaal and the other body says they do not approve. My question to you is what do we as the general muslim public do?
I am aware of the fact that halaal is clear and haraam is clear and that everything inbetween should be left out.
But in view of this, i'd like to know that if all the bodies are Knowledgable muslims and in islam the word of a knowlegable is enough then is it permissable to eat products that are certified by all bodies?
i ask this because in my home there has been a bit of a problem, with one member saying that we shudnt trust all the halaal bodies because of open animosity betwee the bodies, u not sure if what they say is true, and the other member saying that it is acceptable to eat products certified by all the bodies beacuse they are muslim and they deal with haraam and halaal?
What is your advise?
And also is there no way that these bodies can join and become one, for the betterment of the muslims at large.
Surely this will be the best solution and as a muslim you can be assured of  eating halaal?

Answer

In principle, if an Aadil person having adequate knowledge on halal and haram gives information on halal and haram, his information is valid in Shariah. One can rely on such information and act on that.

An Aadil person is a Muslim who is honest and upright.

Halal certifying institues are not a Shari requirement.

The confusion in your home is understandable. Our advise is you apply the original Shari ruling as explained above.