Date: 24th October 2007

The people in London use public transport. They normally have weekly or monthly travel card. There are so many different types of travel cards...

Question

The people in London use public transport. They normally have weekly or monthly travel card. There are so many different types of travel cards, some of them are registered under your name some of them are not. Now, if I buy travel card which is registered under my name and somebody else want to use it while I am at home. Is it permissible for him to use and for me to give the card?

Answer

If the law permits one to use another persons travel card, then only will it be permissible.

If the law prohibits one from using another persons travel card, then it will be prohibited in Shariah as well to violate the purely administrative laws of the country.