Date: 22nd October 2007

Keeping the eyes closed whilst in Salaah

Question

Assalamualeykum Brother!its really glad to see thaat u r helping us in very conviencing manner may Allah Subhanawata'ala Bless You and  ur team for this n help you more for continuing this nobel work....Aameen!!!

Brother my question is whether we can offer salah keeping our eyes close  in order to avoid getting deveiated or to concentrate well .because i have a problem that  i coudnot concentrate well if i keep my eyes open.

My second question is how to perform QAZA E UMRI wid all it details .

My last question is that if a person is aroused and he came to the climax but he hasn't ejaculated the mani out  of his manhood some how so in this case will gusl be fard on him or  can he  offer the salah widout making gusl also?

Answer

1. It is Makruh disliked to close the eyes in Salaah. Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said “When you perform Salaah do not close your eyes”. However, if closing the eyes is the only way to gain concentration in Salaah, the degree of Karaahat (dislike) is decreased (Tahtaawi Page 354)

2. You should estimate the total number of missed Salaah and write them down. For example you have missed 200 Fajr Salaah. After you have made Qadha then mark off how many you have made up for. In that manner you may do for the other Salaah. If you cannot remember the exact number of missed Salaah, you must apply your honest discretion and resolve an amount. You intention when making the Qadha should be that I am performing the last Fajr (for example) which I have missed, then the next and so forth until you make the Qadha for all the Salaah (Tahtaawi Page 446)

3. If mani (semen) has not come out from the private part, the Ghusal (bath) is not invalidated. However, intimate penetration will invalidate the Ghusal (bath) even though ejaculation did not occur (Ibid Page 98).