Date: 10th October 2007

I have 10g of Jewellary of my Daughter which is gifted to her by her Grand parents, she is one year old, should I add this to my jewllar for the Zakath paymen?

Question

I have 10g of Jewellary of my Daughter which is gifted to her by her Grand parents, she is one year old, should I add this to my jewllar for the Zakath payment or, later I  buy a jewellary for her which comes to the nisab level and at that time she is not an audaul what is the rulling Regarding  the Zakath payment. Kindly answer this.

Answer

Your child is a minor and she is the owner of the jewellery. She is not required to pay Zakaat.You need not add her jewellery to yours for Zakaat purposes

Mufti Imran Hatia