Country: Sri Lanka
Date: 9th October 2007

While fasting is it possible to kiss my wife ?...Our Nabi (Sal) House is so small. As I have heard so .. then where didi the childrens , Zaianb (rAd) Rukaiya (Ral) ,Fatima (Ral)?

Question

Dear Imams.

1.While fasting is it possible to kiss my wife ?

2. Our Nabi (Sal) House is so small. As I have heard so .. then where didi the childrens , Zaianb (rAd) Rukaiya (Ral) ,Fatima (Ral)
stay.. Could pls descibe the house of Nabi and how he lived with his children in a small house .

3.Is it a sunnath to sleep on the bed or on the floor ... 

Answer

1.      If by kissing there is a fear that the desire will be incited, it is better not to kiss. However if one kisses the fast will not be invalidated. If the saliva of the spouse is swallowed due to kissing, the fast will be invalidated.

2.      Historical books as Wafaul Wafaa state that the houses of the wives of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was 6 hands x 10 hands (Seeratun Nabi Page Vol.1 Page 177). One could barely stand upright in the house (Ibid). The daughters of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) were from his first marriage to Hadrath Khadija (Radiallahu Anha) while in Makkah. They were grown up when Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم) migrated to Madinah Munawwarah. it is possible that they got married and stayed with their husbands in Madinah Munawwrah