Date: 3rd October 2007

I have depression and personality problem. Is God angry with me? Is he punishing me?

Question

I have depression and personality problem. Is God angry with me? Is he punishing me for something?

I have been married 9 years and I still don't love my husband will I be sent to hell for this? I never wanted to marry him but I didn't say yes or no when my mother asked me.I stayed quiet.

Is it okay to hold a fork in the left hand when eating food or is it still haraam?

Answer

1) It is possible the depression could be a medical issue. You should consult your physician. If you are not doing anything wrong, and you are fulfilling your obligations in Islam, you should not feel Allah is angry with you. As human beings, we do err, and should be seeking Allah's forgiveness often.

2) You are now married, it's a long time, you should bring yourself to accept him and love him. That can only be achieved if you make such an intention. The results will be according to the level of the sincerity of the intention.

3) The Sunnat way to eat is with the fingers and not the fork. To eat with the fork and knife is against the Sunnah of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم