Date: 3rd October 2007

When i was living as a jahil, i looked up in the sky/stars/clouds and made a wish, and i am not sure wether i called upon God or his creation (stars/clouds etc)...Will Allah Forgive me?

Question

I think i may have commited shirk, PLEASE ADVISE:
I was born as a muslim, and my teenage years i was living in Jaheliya, now for last few months i have been practicing.
When i was living as a jahil, i looked up in the sky/stars/clouds and made a wish, and i am not sure wether i called upon God or his creation (stars/clouds etc)
Will Allah Forgive me? PLEASE ADVISE ME I UNDERSTAND HOW BIG SIN SHIRK IS, AND I DO BELIEVE TRULY THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH.
PLEASE HELP ME BROTHER AS THIS IS REALLY BOTHERING ME, I HAVE LEFT ALL EVIL DOINGS BEHIND BUT THIS IS ONE MAJOR THING THAT IS BOTHERING ME AND MAKING ME THINK I WILL END UP IN HELLFIRE FOREVER (AUZU`BI-LAH)

Answer

Allah is Most Forgiving. You believe in Allah, you know there is no partner to Allah. You are now repenting and seeking his forgiveness, most definitely, he will forgive you