Date: 27th September 2007

My question is about praying at a girls grave(regardless of any relationship).

Question

My question is about praying at a girls grave(regardless of any relationship). I tried to look this answer to so many Websites but i could not find it. I hope you will have my answer. My question is that when a girl dies, in my case a friend and just friend( i never saw her, only talked to her on phone). I know i did a big sin  but at that time i did not know THAT I SHOULD NOT TALK TO ANY GIRL. SHE WAS my only friend i had, but now she is not living in this world. She had Bone Cancer. I was wondering that as a muslim First and Second as Friend, can i pray for her when i go to her grave. OR AM I FORBIDDEN TO PRAY FOR HER REGARDLESS OF ANY MATTER ?

when i go to grave and pray for my brother, i pass by her grave and was thought that, should i pray for her or am i doing more sin ? should i  just leave or should i pray for her and if i pray for her ? would that be a BIG SIN ? 4 months ago when i talked to her sister, i was mad and upset that, should i tell her the truth that i should not be talking to her, and that i am not allowed to talk to her because i dont want to disobey Allah(swt). And if i do so, will she curse me a lot ? Will her mom Curse me if i break all connections. I know once her mom cursed some lady, that lady used to give her hard time, she died later on.

Answer

It is permissible to make Dua for every deceased Muslim. There is no need to do that by going to the specific grave of the person. The girl's family is not your family. You do not have to maintain family ties with them.