Country: Pakistan
Date: 29th August 2007

Are Both ways of dealing are correct?...What is the authenticity of FAST in Sha'aban

Question

Q1..........................

I have an old car which i want to sell.Please tell me which of the following is right way to sell a car or any other thing.(My case is of car)
 a) I say to customer that this is car and these are its particulars, now test it on your own and test drive and also show it to some mechanic i.e. satisfy yourself in whatever manner you want, and its my demand.
 b) I say to customer that this is car and these are its particulars, i've done these repairs in recent times in it, i found these faults in it, and now you can also consult mechanic and test drive also. And its my demand.

i)   BOth ways of dealing are correct?
 ii)  or which one is correct?
 iii) or both are wrong?

Q2...........................
a) What is the authenticity of FAST in Sha'aban, on what dates its prefereable to have fast in this month?
b) Whats importance of Shab-e-Baraat?
c) Fast of 13,14 and 15 Sha'baan are valid and preferable to offer?
d) I read somewhere that after 15th of Sha'ban dont offer fasting according to hadith reported/wrote by  Ibne Hiban or Imam Hiban.

JAZAKALLAH

Answer

1.         It is permissible to sell the car in both ways. You do not have to give the car to the customer to test drive or take it to the mechanic. You may do so if you wish to. You should also state to the customer that you are selling the car and will not entertain any claim regarding the car after the sale.

2.         Please view our answer to the 15th Shabaan posted here :
 http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=364e44a0299d009b501d22018dd451e6