Date: 29th August 2007

Recently i remembered something that i used to do in school,i used to watch many hindu movies and have hindu freinds and....

Question

I have a very big problem on my head,iv been trying quite hard this past year to become a good muslim and everyday i have a new war with my nafs.Recently i remembered something that i used to do in school,i used to watch many hindu movies and have hindu freinds and i remember that i used to know this 1 chant or song of theirs that they pray to their gods with,and i used to sing it,but i didnt know the meaning,my mum says i used to sing it alot.I regret it so so so much now and im afraid that,that took me out of the fold of islam.PLZ ADVISE ME.im really very worried.Is this shirk?or kufr?jazakallah

Answer

The fact that you feel bad about singing those songs is a clear sign of your Imaan. The regret of your past actions will serve to guard yourself against such things in the future.